Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Right up front, I do not own this unit, but I have an old (5-yrs or so) "Cooper Thermo-Timer" (made in China, and no longer available) which appear so similar to this unit that I would suspect they might be made by the same Chinese company. (If I break my Cooper I will buy this unit.)
My 'review' is to convince you to buy a digital thermomenter with timer, probe, and alarm in the FIRST plance, as opposed to NOT, and deciding you don't want to spend the money.
I love the Cooper. I find all kinds of things to use it for beside a meat thermometer; which is really handy ENOUGH all by itself to buy one of these things. NEVER burn another roast or pan of poultry parts again. It takes the "just keep checking on it" out of oven roasting. And then, you can keep the probe in the meat once it's OUT of the oven so you'll know when it's cooled enough to be carvable.
Also, just this week I had occasion to use it to check the temperature in my refrigerator/freezer because the thing was malfunctioning and food began thawing out. Because I had the display outside the unit, I could see gradual rising temperatures over a period of hours without having to open the door and cause temp spikes.
I also used it to measure the temps just outside the fan exhausts of two of my computers. By establishing benchmark values when they're working properly, I'll be able to tell if they start to get hot because of intermittent fan bearing failures or some such.
Analog devices have their place, but going digital for a kitchen/general purpose thermometer is something I highly recommend.
NOTE: LATE UPDATE - Jan 15, 2010 - Target (at least in Woodland Hills, CA) carries a unit VERY much like this one and it's really inexpensive!
Click Here to see more reviews about: Digital Thermometer with Probe, Timer, and Alarm
Product Description:
###############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################
Want to buy Digital Thermometer with Probe, Timer, and Alarm at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:
0 comments:
Post a Comment